Monday, March 30, 2009

A Day in a Dog's Life

This past weekend we attended A Night of Hope, a great fundraising event for The Tree House. My husband recently became involved with The Tree House, a wonderful nonprofit organization with the mission of reducing the impact and occurrence of child abuse, by volunteering to serve on the Board of Directors. A Night of Hope featured a catered dinner, silent auction and live auction to raise money for The Tree House. To contribute to the event, I put together this cute basket for the silent auction that I called "A Day in a Dog's Life":

I thought it would be fun to put together a collection of some of my favorite dog items (and I figured if no one else bid on the basket, then I could take it home!). Fortunately for The Tree House (and unfortunately for me) our good friends won the basket and now have a great collection of dog products for their new Golden Retriever puppy.

In case you want to put together a similar basket, here's a list of what I included:

- Gift Certificate for an XL Dog Bed Cover from Bow Wow Beds

- Ruff Wear Durable Gourdo Dog Toy from Backcountry K-9

- Ruff Wear Collapsible Travel Dog Bowl from Backcountry K-9

- Custom Dog Collar and Leash Set from Aroo Studio

- Chocolate Labrador Retriever 8 x 10 Print from K9 Art Gallery

- Set of 10 Dog Silhouette Note Cards and Matching Stickers from Brown Dog Boutique

- 2 Packages of Brady's Biscuits from Brown Dog Boutique

1 comment:

  1. Nice win for your friends! I wish we could have gone and outbid them!

    PS: I gave you a Kreativ Blogger award - check my latest post for details.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin