Thursday, May 21, 2009

A little love for the seniors...

I know I shouldn't, but almost everyday I check the websites of Atlanta Lab Rescue and the Humane Society of Jackson County to see which dogs are available for adoption. Every time I check, I seem to find one (or ten) that I would take home in a heartbeat if I could. Because I can't personally adopt another dog at the moment, I've decided to showcase some of my favorites here each week. This week's special two are senior labs that are currently available for adoption from Atlanta Lab Rescue.



The first cutie's name is Jockey. The pictures don't do Jockey justice, but they're all I have to work with right now. Jockey is a 7 year old male purebred Chocolate Labrador Retriever. I love his name & I obviously have a soft spot in my heart for Chocolate Labs. At 7 years old, Jockey is likely a much calmer version of my two monsters and would make a great addition to any family.


The second handsome male featured today is Birch. At 12 years old, Birch is a dignified senior that deserves a lot of love and attention. Please excuse his picture -- unfortunately, Birch has had a rough time lately, dealing with conjunctivitis in his eyes - but that's nothing that a little vet attention can't handle!

I think that these two handsome fellows would make any family happy & I'd love to help the two of them find loving, permanent homes. If you're interested in Jockey or Birch, please contact Atlanta Lab Rescue at (404)261-LABS or via email at info@atlantalabrescue.com. Please feel free to pass this post along to anyone you know that might be able to offer a good home to these sweethearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin