Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Off to Summer Camp!


{Disclaimer: The dogs in the picture above are not our boys, but I thought I'd give you an idea of what their weekend will be like. Real pictures from camp will be up next week}

Ok, I'll admit it, our boys are spoiled. Spoiled rotten. My husband and I are going away this weekend, and instead of boarding the boys at the local kennel, what do we do? We send them to summer camp. Before you start laughing, let me explain. One of our good friends is the director of the Athens Y Camp - a summer camp in Northeast Georgia. He and his family watched the boys last year when we were on our honeymoon, and camp is where they first learned to swim. The boys LOVE going to camp. When we told them they were going this weekend, they got really excited. Alright, maybe that's an exaggeration - I'm not sure if they really understood what we were saying, but I like to think so. Anyway, we plan to drop them off at camp on Friday, and they'll spend the rest of the weekend playing with the campers, chasing wildlife and swimming all day long. I think it's safe to say they'll be happy {and exhausted} dogs when we pick them up on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. This post made me laugh! I don't board our dogs either, but they aren't lucky enough to go to camp! :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin